Bridgestone Kawasaki Race Team - Back for Another Crack at the ChampionshipPosted by Whites Powersports on
The Bridgestone Kawasaki Race Team is hard at work preparing for the 21/22 New Zealand motocross season. Following on from a successful relationship in the 20/21 season Kawasaki NZ and Whites Powersports have doubled down and are taking the team to the next level.
Bridgestone continues to be the naming sponsor, providing the team with exceptionally competitive tyres, which provided many holeshot advantages last season. In conjunction with this, the team will now be representing some of Whites Powersports cornerstone brands in the form of Shoei Helmets, Fly Racing gear and Gaerne Boots to name a few.
“Whites really enjoyed last season working with Kawasaki NZ and the team, the businesses align very well and when the opportunity arose to kit the team out head to toe, it was simply a no brainer” stated Luke Mason – Group Marketing Manager of Whites Powersports.
“Working with Whites Powersports last season highlighted to me their staff’s dedication to motorcycling. Their level of professionalism is unparalleled which ushered the start of a seamless and integrated relationship.” Says Shane Verhoeven, owner/manager of the Bridgestone Kawasaki Race Team.
“We’re incredibly excited to expand our partnership into apparel and riding gear, especially with such renowned brands”, he concludes.
This season sees Josiah Natzke return to The Bridgestone Kawasaki Race Team on a mission, he will be in the saddle of the 2022 KX250 in the MX2 class, while new-comer Micah McGoldrick is taking the reins of the 2022 KX450 in MX1.
The teams first official appearance will be Labour Weekend Motocross held in Taupo on 24 October.
Upcoming Season Key Dates:
- 24 October – Labour Weekend – Taupo
- 20 November – SX4 – Taupo
- 27 November – Skyline MX – Cambridge
- 27 December – Summercross – Whakatane
- 26 January – King of the Mountain – New Plymouth
- 6 February – New Zealand Motocross Championship Round 1 – Otago
- 20 February – New Zealand Motocross Championship Round 2 – Rotorua
- 20 March – New Zealand Motocross Championship Round 3 – Hawkes Bay
- 27 March – New Zealand Motocross Championship Round 4 – Taupo