MOTOBATT WARRANTY STATEMENT
Whites Powersports will provide the following warranty to the original purchaser of a Motobatt battery purchased in Australia or New Zealand subject to the terms and conditions stated herein.
Australian Consumers: You are entitled to a replacement for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. If the battery usage is not for personal, domestic or household use, no claim will be accepted for any consequential or incidental expense or loss, as per Australian Consumer Law.
Warranty covers batteries that become unusable or unserviceable due to defects in materials or workmanship for the term applicable to the type of battery listed below. The warranty applies to batteries that are sized properly and used in the application for which it was intended, and charged with an approved charging profile.
Proof of claim validity: Proof of purchase, and return to, the original point of retail purchase of the battery must accompany any request for warranty. No exceptions. Proof that the correct method and type of recharging was utilised, must be made available on request.
This warranty does not apply to:
1. Any Motobatt battery that breaks or fails due to abuse or neglect such as improper installation, misapplication, loose wiring, corroded terminal connections, mishandled or dropped batteries, freezing, fire, explosion, or unauthorised battery modifications, and sulphation damage caused by failing to maintain sufficient charge in batteries for extended periods of time. Batteries must be fully charged after any significant drain and the charge cycle must be completed.
2. Deep cycle batteries that fail within the warranty period due to extreme usage (excessive wear and tear). *Note* Motobatt deep cycle batteries will provide 500 cycles at 80% depth of discharge. Usage beyond this level will not be covered under warranty. This warranty does not cover batteries that are not charged properly or batteries that are left uncharged for extended periods of time (sulphated), used under the bonnet of a vehicle, or subjected to extreme heat. Batteries must be fully charged after any significant use and the charge cycle must be completed.
3. Lithium batteries must only be recharged using chargers designed to be compatible with lithium batteries. Use of a non lithium compatible charger voids warranty.
· A Motobatt Lithium “P” model, that has been discharged beyond 8 volts may consequently be rendered non rechargeable, and any resulting claim will not be accepted, unless it can be proved that the battery was faulty prior to discharge. (Aggressive, repeated charge/discharge may damage a lithium battery).
· *Note* Motobatt Lithium “HP” models include a safety auto shut down feature when discharged under 8 volts. The battery will appear dead, but may be brought back to normal life buy recharging with a lithium compatible charger for 5 – 10 minutes.
· Motobatt Quadflex 12 months from retail sale or 18 months from wholesale sale, whichever comes first.
· Motobatt Lithium
- "P Series" = 12 months from retail sale or 18 months from wholesale sale, whichever comes first.
- "HP Series" = 24 months from retail sale or 30 months from wholesale sale, whichever comes first.
· Motobatt Deep Cycle 24 months from retail sale or 30 months from wholesale sale, whichever comes first.